Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Beef tacos

These tacos are the ones my mom used to make me when I lived back at home, now I make them for my little family. They taste the same, but i make them a little differently than she does. My three year old son Jayden loves them, especially with sour cream and avocado so I hope you do too !

Here is what you will need....

1 lb ground beef
Corn tortillas (about 10)
Sour Cream
1 1/2-2 teaspoons Lawrys seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon Black fine ground pepper (regular pepper)
1-2 Avocados
1 Tomato
Parmasean Cheese
Lettuce
*your favorite salsa


In a bowl add your ground beef, lawrys seasoning salt & pepper.




Mix with your hands or a spoon. I used a fork here, but then it got annoying because it takes a little bit longer and it doesnt blend as well, so I switched it up and used my God given utensils..MY HANDS =]


In a skillet, turn heat to medium high-high depending on your stove top and spray with a non stick cooking spray. In your hand take a golf ball size portion of meat and flatten it out to the legnth of your hand. Dont make it too thick because it takes forever to cook. I'd say about 1/4 inch thick. I say make the patties about the legnth of your hand because the meat will shrink and if you make them smaller then your taco will just have meat in the center ha ha.



Once the meat is browned on both sides and the juices are no longer running off the meat, lay them on a plate lined with a paper towel to soak up some of the natural fats that build up in the pan.


Once all the meat patties are cooked, I cleaned my pan and added oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan to fry the taco shells.


Place a patty on a tortilla, and once the oil is hot, introduce the tortilla and meat into the pan.



Once the tortilla has softened a little bit, flip it over to form the "taco". The reason I reccomend waiting until the toritlla has softened because if you dont you run the risk of the tortilla cracking right down the middle, and then you will need to get a whole new tortilla and try again.

Once the taco shell is hard on both sides, just like the meat patties, let them drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.Now get your veggies ready.....



Now that your tacos are done and your veggies are sliced, add them to your taco with a little bit of sour cream, your favorite salsa and sprinkle with parmasean cheese.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment