Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Picadillo

This is my rendition of "picadillo". This dish is a easy "go to" dish for me when I cant figure out what to make, and my fiance and son are hungry. Its a one pot wonder :) I hope you like it.

Here is what you will need...

-1/2 teaspoon Garlic salt
-1 Can tomato sauce ( I believe its a 4oz can)
-1/3 cup Frozen corn Kernels
-1 can green beans
-1/2 tomato
-1/2 onion
-2 potatoes
-1 table spoon Lawry's seasoning salt
-1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
-1 lb ground beef
-2 cloves garlic
-1 yellow Chile

In a large pan cook your ground beef until done (when there is no pink left). Then rinse, peel, and cut your russet potatoes into small pieces like so.

Now add the potatoes into your ground beef right away on medium heat covered with a lid, mixing every 3-5 minutes. I cover the potatoes so they can cook right away.

This is the time to also add your seasonings (Lawry's garlic and seasoning salt, and pepper)

While they are cooking together, go ahead and roughly chop your tomato, onions, garlic and Chile.

add this to your pan once the potatoes are almost fully cooked. I check my potatoes by taking the biggest piece out and poking it with a fork. If it goes right through it with no resistance then your good to go =]

Mix all your veggies with your meat and potatoes, and cover. Cook until the onions become soft and translucent. Once they are cooked, add in your corn kernels and your green beans.

You can also add in your tomato sauce at this time.

Mix in the tomato sauce until the whole mixture is well blended, lower your flame to low and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes so all the flavor can blend. Once it is finished I like to plate on top of white rice. You can use Mexican rice which I do as well, or you can eat it by itself. Either way it's good. OH! Serve with some avocado slices and tortillas if you'd like.






No comments:

Post a Comment