Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ground beef tostadas

This a dish my mom makes. It is so simple, yummy and quick. I'd guesstimate about fifteen minutes tops to make! I wasn't planning on posting this until I started making it. So the pictures are individually of what you will need to purchase to make this.

Here is what you will need...

1 1/2 lbs ground beef, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1 tomato diced, sour cream, 2 8oz cans of pinto beans, 1 avocado sliced, your favorite salsa, shredded cheddar cheese or Monterrey jack,tostada shells, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 tablespoon Lawry's seasoning salt, 1/8 garlic salt.






In a large pan, fry the ground beef until browned and fully cooked. Once the ground beef is done add the cans of beans with its liquid.


 Then what I like to do is add 1/2 can of water to thin out the beef and beans. Let the beans cook for about 5-10 minutes or until softened, then mash Add Lawry's seasoning salt, pepper, and mix.

 If the beans and meat are too thick add 1/2 can of water or 4oz at a time until it is to the consistency that you like. I added 1/2 a can. But remember if you add more than 1/2 can season to taste, because the water will reduce the amount of flavor.

Get your tostada shell, cover it with the mixture, then layer on the cheese, then the lettuce, then tomatoes, then sour cream & salsa. I like to add olives to my tostada as well but I didn't have any on hand at the time.

And your done! It was really easy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment